Friday, July 24, 2015

The Great San Saba River Pecan Company

As I was in the pantry last week, seeking inspiration for another good cheesecake idea, low and behold, it practically jumped right off the shelf and broke the idea light bulb hovering over my head.
I'm talkin' bout the Peach Pecan and Amaretto Preserves produced by The Great San Saba River Pecan Company in San Saba, Texas. 

About five or six years ago, I received a jar of it in a Christmas gift basket from one of my sisters who found it in a gift shop in Fredericksburg, Texas. I was hooked as soon as I tasted it for the first time! The fruit isn't mushy - the combination of textures with the peaches and pecans is perfect.  I actually use it more for baking than spreading on hot buttery biscuits or toast, but if I don't stop talking about it pretty soon, I may just have to go open a jar and slap some onto a cracker before I can even finish gushing over how good it is here.



You can visit the Company's site at  http://greatpecans.com/index.htm and see all the other items they have available besides the one I'm so crazy about.  Their pecans are beautiful, and they offer a variety of great products.  One of these days, I'm going there!

I had to do a little research in my area to locate the nearest place to buy the preserves, but no need to panic, since I can always buy them online if I need to.  Anyway.... back to the cheesecake inspiration thing.  I just finished tweaking the recipe, so next up is a Peach Pecan and Amaretto cheesecake, which will include fresh peaches as well.  I'm pretty excited about this one.  If I'm the only one in my house that likes it, that's fine.  One me, one cheesecake, one fork..... no problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment