Sunday, January 21, 2018

Peanut Butter and Banana Egg Rolls


I came across this delightful concoction at deliciouslittlebites.com and Lauren's pictures there were so utterly devine, I wish I could have just grabbed a warm one right off my screen and eaten it! My picture above doesn't exactly do them justice.

I knew I had to make them.  I've put plenty of things into egg roll wrappers and I have no idea why it never occurred to me to put peanut butter and bananas together in one, but thankfully, Lauren helped me see beyond my own egg roll stuffing insufficiencies.

They're so easy, it's ridiculous!

Here's what you need:

4 egg roll wrappers
2 medium bananas, cut in half
4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
4 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Small bowl of water and a pastry brush
Vegetable oil, about two inches deep in a pot (or use a deep fryer)
Powdered sugar


Directions:

Place 4 egg roll wrappers on a flat work surface with a point facing you.

Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter across the center of each one, but keep it about an inch away from the edges all the way around.

Put half of a banana in the center, left to right - not up and down, over the peanut butter.

Drizzle the bananas with a teaspoon of honey.

Sprinkle cinnamon over the honey.

Brush the edges of the wrapper all the way around with water, using the pastry brush, to moisten.

Fold the bottom corner, nearest you, up over the filling, then fold the left and right sides in.

Roll and seal the top corner.

Heat oil to 350 degrees, add egg rolls and fry for about 2 minutes, until golden brown.  You can use a deep fryer if you have one.  Using tongs, turn the egg rolls if necessary to allow for even browning on each side.

Allow to drain on paper towels and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Serve warm.


For a good visual on how to wrap properly, head over to Lauren's site.  She has some great pictures on how to do it.  https://deliciouslittlebites.com/banana-egg-rolls/ 

These things are good, and I can already see some made with Nutella instead of peanut butter in my future...


No comments:

Post a Comment