Thursday, July 12, 2018

Cook Once, Eat Twice!




Today, it rained... and rained.... and rained.  I love rain.  I love the sound of thunder.  What does that have to do with cooking?  Well, it was really pouring today and I didn't want to get out in it.  I was thinking this morning how glad I was that I decided to grocery shop yesterday and not today. So... I decided to turn off the air conditioner, open the windows, open the patio door, and get to cooking.

And cook, I did.  Sometimes the mood just hits me and this was one of those days and I have a busy week coming up, so I'll be glad I decided to do this later!

I started out by getting a chuck roast into the crock pot, loaded with lots of flavorful gravy.  I'm adding carrots and baby gold potatoes and onion to it.  I'll serve it up like that the first time, then with the leftovers, I'll cut the meat and veggies into smaller pieces and make some hand pies with it later in the week.

While the roast was cooking away, I made a pot of spaghetti sauce that will be served with pasta the first time and then later, I'll use it in a cast iron skillet deep dish pizza.

Then I cooked a double batch of taco meat, which will first be used for tacos and then later I'll make some nice taco salads with the leftovers.

So that takes care of 6 meals, and that means with minimal prep I will have dinner served up in a flash for six days.  I think on day 7 I'll be dining out, and if I know me, it may well be breakfast, which is one of my favorite things to have for dinner!




No comments:

Post a Comment